Zim - A Desktop Wiki
Superior Table Operations
Markup in a cell
The main toolbar buttons for formatting are disabled. You have to know the special syntax and insert it directly within the textbox.
bold, italic, highlight,
strike through and and verbatim
**bold**, //italic//, __highlight__, ~~strike through~~ and ''verbatim''
\| | Character
Links in a cell
[[http://www.python.org]] [[firstname.lastname@example.org]] [[foo]] Internal Link
Note: Only one link per cell can be opened. The first one is taken.
- RIGHT MOUSE-BUTTON-CLICK on cell with the link and selection of the menu item Open cell in content link
- CTRL + LEFT MOUSE-BUTTON-CLICK on a cell
See also: Syntax for Links
Exporting filters for Plain, HTML, Markdown, reStructuredText, Latex have been also adjusted for the table plugin.
Limits of widget's integration
- search / replacing:
- no highlighting
- only first location is found and after that the next one within the main text
- Undo / Redo not supported at all
- There can not be any element right or left to the table. The table must stand alone.